The Carriage House
Contemporary, Spacious and Accessible. The Accessibility features have been so tastefully integrated with the contemporary living areas that they become almost invisible.
All at ground level with wide doors and tastefully designed to better accommodate older or less physically abled guests whilst bright, open & modern appealing to couples and young families. Please refer to our Access Statement for further details.
- Family bedroom with luxurious King size Sleigh bed, 32" LED TV and optional Single bed.
- Large tiled bathroom with bath and walk-in / wheel-in shower (& stable stool).
- Bright & Spacious modern Lounge / Kitchen / Dining area (with 46" LED TV).
- Beautiful kitchen with granite worktops, induction hob and built in appliances including a double oven, dishwasher & washer-dryer.
- Finished in Oak with Polished Sage Limestone floors.
- Morso wood Burning stove
- Traditional Lakeland slated Oak Canopy outside
- Walled patio area
For one or two guests only the King-size sleigh bed is made up as standard and for 3 people the extra Single is made up also. When booking online for just two people there is a no-cost option that enables you to specify whether the Single bed is required additionally.
Visit England have kindly awarded The Carriage House with the additional "One Step Ahead" Speciality. Please note that the taps are not lever taps but very large cross-head taps which have been agreed as acceptable at this level. Note also that there are certain items (such as dining chairs with arms and the shower stool) which are not always stored in the property so please draw our attention in advance to any special requirements that you may have and we'll do our best to help in whatever ways we can.
One step ahead is the mobility entry level standard (M1) of the National Accessible Scheme (NAS) and is based on the needs of older and less mobile visitors – those who can happily climb and descend a flight of stairs (not required in the case of The Carriage House) but who will benefit from a few added services and facilities.