For ease of searching and booking, Hyning Howe combines Hyning House with Beckside Barns to provide 10 bedrooms and Dining for 20+. Hyning Howe may also be booked alongside our three smaller properties to create a magic space for reunions and family celebrations.
Hyning is an ancient norse word meaning a small field or enclosure and Howe is old norse for hill. This former 17th Century farmhouse with attached traditional farm buildings has been tastefully renovated to provide a number of dwellings that combine immense historical charm with modern luxury. Hyning Howe occupies a central position within the original enclosure surrounded by hills and stunning views over the Lakeland Fells.
Sleeping 20 people as standard and dining 20+, Hyning Howe has become very popular for family reunions and can be booked alongside our other cottages to create an even larger space.
- 10 bedrooms (3 Doubles, 2 Kings, 3 Twins and 2 Oak Bunkrooms).
- 6 bathrooms (2 with walk-in showers, 2 with baths and 2 with both).
- 4 beautiful kitchens with granite worktops, induction hobs and built in appliances including double ovens, dishwashers & washer-dryers.
- Exposed beams which date from 17th Century.
- Finished in Oak with Limestone flags.
- Open plan lounges / dining areas (with 52" & 46" LED TVs, Blu-ray players and DAB media players).
- 5 Morso wood burning stoves in Inglenook fireplaces
- Beams, nooks & crannies all blended with state-of-the-art appliances.
Downstairs in The Old Farmhouse (showing link corridor)